Hello, lovely femslash writer! It's that time of year again! I'm so excited to be a part of this exchange once more. Included in this letter is a general outline of stuff I enjoy and stuff I'd rather not get as well as fandom and pairing-specific ideas to get the creative juices flowing.General DNW's
- First person POV
- Fics with little or no dialogue
- Sensory deprivation (blindfolds, handcuffs, gags, etc.)
- Detailed vomiting (weird to say, I know, but just in case!)
- Prostitution, prison, or slavery themes/backstories
- Whips or canes used in bondage/impact play (all other toys are a-okay!)
- Soul mate/bonding or bodyswap AUs
- G!P/futa (that being said, if you think any of these ladies are trans, that is totally fine! I just hate the lazy G!P trope itself)
- Riverdale (TV 2017)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movies)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (TV)
- GLOW (TV 2017)
Here are some fandom and ship-specific ideas. I hope they inspire you!Riverdale (TV 2017)Requested ships
Cheryl Blossom/Josie McCoy
- Cheryl Blossom/Josie McCoy
- Veronica Lodge/Josie McCoy
- Mary Andrews/Hermione Lodge
- Alice Cooper/Hermione Lodge
- Hermione Lodge/Sierra McCoy
I remember in an interview with either Ashleigh or Madelaine that they said Cheryl and Josie's friendship was almost "political," like they needed each other's influence/popularity to rule the school. I'd love to see that calculated friendship blossom (pun intended) into something with real feelings, even if both girls try to resist it.
Veronica Lodge/Josie McCoy
- Parental reactions (Penelope is delighted--such a good girl from a respected family!--but Sierra is skeptical of Blossom motives)
- Two queen bees ruling the school side by side
- Those moments when frenemies become friends, friends become crushes, and crushes become girlfriends--and all the angst that goes along with it
I'm so in love with the Josie/Veronica/Reggie dance club scene and the heart-to-heart that follows. I don't mind a poly ship with the three of them, but I'd still want the focus to remain on the ladies. Josie and Veronica seem to be the same type of girl at heart--they have big dreams and long term goals, but they still want to be happy in the now.
Mary Andrews/Hermione Lodge
- An AU of the dance club episode where Veronica brings Josie home with her afterwards (maybe it starts as something to make Hermione mad but turns into a fun hook-up)
- Josie and Veronica start singing together more, which causes a little drama with the other Pussycats before they realize what Josie has with Ronnie is totally different
- No-strings-attached FWB relationship--they're total buddies, but their romance is strictly casual. Writer's choice if it remains that way or they catch feelings.
I'm such a sucker for teenage flashbacks with the parents. I get the vibe that Hermione and Mary were more rivals than besties in high school, so I'd love to see how that trope could be made more original.
Alice Cooper/Hermione Lodge
- Academic rivals turned girlfriends (Knowledge Bowl partners?)
- They actually did go to a school dance as dates one year, which is why Alice was so surprised to see them with Fred. Maybe everyone thought they'd be endgame and not Mary/Fred? Did they raise some eyebrows in the early 90s?
- Deconstructing the "good girl" trope and letting them be young and free and experimental together
These two would have such an interesting dynamic in high school. With what small bits we get from canon, we can tell they both had huge personalities as teens, and seeing those clash would be amazing.
Hermione Lodge/Sierra McCoy
- More playing with tropes--Alice was the "bad girl" from the South Side and Hermione was the "good girl" from a rich family, but how true were those stereotypes?
- Writing that goes back and forth between "first times"--the high school first time and the getting-back-together first time
- Seeing themselves in their respective daughters and wanting to set a better example for them
Sierra McCoy is another character I wish we saw more of! She's a woman who wants to remain on top of the food chain--and Hermione is a woman who is seeing herself slowly slipping. I love the idea of two scheming, power-hungry women using each other as a means to an end.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movies)Requested ships:
- They lock themselves in Sierra's office for a serious discussion and things escalate (I'll let you decide in which direction!)
- An examination of how they see one another--parenting styles, fashion choices, body language, etc. I see them trying to get a feel for one another before they make a move.
- AU where they're Riverdale's power couple--married mothers with two beautiful, successful teen daughters. OR, if you'd like, they estranged spouses and Hermione has just returned to town with Veronica to try to reconcile.
Queenie Goldstein/Seraphina Picquery
- Queenie Goldstein/Seraphina Picquery
I'm in love the idea of bubbly, warm Queenie bringing out the softer side of powerful, stoic Madam Picquery. They are two very unique female characters who could really compliment each other. They're also so aesthetically lovely next to each other with Queenie's pink dresses and Seraphina's somber robes, so I've requested fan art for this ship as well.
Marvel Cinematic UniverseRequested ships
- Starting a family together with two working mothers in the 1920s--does the Wizarding world see their arrangement differently, or would they meet the same obstacles as No-Majs would?
- Queenie finding out how Seraphina feels about her through legilemency but not knowing how to go from there
- Queenie knowing something is wrong as it happens to Seraphina with subsequent angst/HC (like how she knew Tina was in trouble in the movie)
- Mantis/Natasha Romanov
- Nebula/Aleta Oogard
- Gamora/Jane Foster
Imagine exactly what Mantis would feel after touching Natasha for the first time. There's a lot of room for angst in this ship, but Mantis could also be a therapeutic character for Natasha and allow her to feel all those bottled-up feelings.
- Natasha, who is trained at controlling her emotions and movements, teases Mantis by getting her turned on with only a touch
- Natasha helps Mantis assimilate to Terran--and Mantis takes to Earth traditions right away
- Playing with the Battle Couple trope--how could their skills play off each other?
There's a lot of room for plotty goodness and post-GotG vol. 2
headcanons. They are both women who are trained for war in different ways. How could their paths cross again?
- Nebula thinks Aleta is just seducing her to be a part of her Ravager crew, but Aleta's motives are a little more complicated
- Aleta gives Nebula exotic gifts from her travels--gifts that don't have anything to do with modding Nebula's body
- Introducing each other to their respective teams to varying reactions
Jane wants to know everything about the world around her, but Gamora lives each day just trying to survive. I could see tension arising between them--knowledge vs. action, seeing vs. doing.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (TV)Requested ships
- Gamora thinks Jane sees her as nothing more than a science experiment, but in reality, Jane just wants to get to know Gamora as Gamora. She's had enough of "aliens" to last her a lifetime.
- AU with Jane as a grounded scientist on a foreign planet and Gamora as the Guardian sent to keep her safe with the rest of the team
- Jane has somehow landed herself through a portal of some sort and appears on the Milano--much to Gamora's interest
Rebecca Bunch/Heather Davis/Valencia Perez
- Rebecca Bunch/Heather Davis/Valencia Perez
These are three women who are such total human disasters that they would need
each other to survive. This can be humorous--Heather just wanting her girlfriends to chill already
--or rather serious--the girls not knowing how to deal with Rebecca's mental illnesses right away. They make great friends in the show, but adding a romantic element would be even better.
GLOW (TV 2017)Requested ships
- Revisiting Rebecca's disastrous meeting with the polyamorous lovers and trying to make if work for her in her own way. How does she approach it at first with the girls? How does she put her foot in her mouth?
- Since this is such a self-aware show, play with the tropes. Does Valencia see herself as the Hot One of the group? Does Heather snark against the Confused Bisexual trope?
- If you're feeling really ambitious, how would their relationship play out in the muscial of Rebecca's mind?
Ruth Wilder/Debbie Eagan
- Ruth Wilder/Debbie Eagan
- Carmen Wade | Machu Picchu/Rhonda Richardson | Britannica
Oh, the angst to be had between these two! At the end of the series, Debbie says they're not there yet, but I think it will definitely happen in season two. There's too much history between them.
Carmen Wade | Machu Picchu/Rhonda Richardson | Britannica
- Trying a new wrestling move leads to awkward body positions and even more awkward this-shouldn't-turn-me-on friction
- Liberty Belle and Zoya the Destroya apparently have "sexual tension" according to fans, which everyone can see but Debbie and Ruth themselves
- Total and complete hate!sex that slowly drifts into something gentler and not-so-hateful
These two are both so irresistably adorable. They show innocence and naivete in different ways. I love how their relationship has grown and wish we could've seen more of them together.
- Rhonda offers to be Carmen's first time. The sex is excellent, and Carmen is confident and happy to continue her sexual education with other people, but for once, Rhonda can't seperate feelings from sex and pines for Carmen. Happy endings all around after angst ensues!
- Rhonda sticks up for Carmen in front of Carmen's dad and brothers when they start treating Carmen like a kid
- Totally adorable PDA--Rhonda has no problem kissing/hugging/snuggling her GF in public, especially when it makes Carmen blush
If you like the ships but aren't feeling the prompts, no worries! Here are some of my favorite femslash-oriented tropes, AUs, etc. that always make me smile.
- Historical, college, musician/punk, werewolf, and tattoo shop AU's
- Slow courtship/dating
- Epistolary (texts/social media included)
- Sharing clothing
- Meeting the parents/family/friends
- Playful/mild jealousy/possessive behavior
- Humor/girls being playful/silly/funny with each other
- Female friendships on the side, especially between characters we wouldn't expect to be friends
- Proposals and weddings
- Pregnancy and new motherhood
- Bubble baths, spa days, and pampering
- Sugar mommy arrangements
- Dirty talk/consensual verbal humiliation
- Pet names during sex (sweetheart, baby, etc.)
- Sex while menstruating
- Consensual "voyeurism" (Skye sex, stripteases, watching the other masturbate, etc.)
- PDA with marks of possession (hickeys, etc.)
- Holding wrists down during sex
- Vaginal fisting
- Anal play (rimming, beads, plugs, etc.)
- Not wearing underwear